Welcome to La Petite Academy - an 'outstanding nursery’ as judged by Ofsted!
We'll show you the stars and teach you how to reach for them'
La Petite Academy is a family run, friendly, yet unique nursery which has been established since October 1995. It is run by hands on director, Andrea Roe who oversees the manager and deputy manager.
Based in a large one-storey building, situated in a quiet residential suburb of Littleover, the nursery is registered to care for 58 children in total, from 3 months to 5 years, together with a breakfast and after school club for children up to the age of 11 years.
The nursery is conveniently situated away from the main road, in a small crescent opposite the green, and has plenty of safe parking spaces directly in front of the building. La Petite Academy are renowned for a high quality service and remain very successful due to word of mouth and personal recommendations from parents. We have never advertised in 18 years!
We pride ourselves on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere where we can give you individual attention and are flexible with your needs and concerns.
“Having been a working mother myself, I understand the need for quality childcare which offers a personal service to parents.
I have a passion which goes beyond just an effective business model- a passion which ensures that La Petite Academy remains in the memory of every child and parent who passes through the doors, due to its outstanding facilities and service.
I want to create an experience that will not only prepare a child for school, but will develop their confidence, expand their mind, make them respectful of others and make them happy, creative and independent individuals!”
“Staff create an environment that is vibrant and stimulating. They are extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage, enabling children to make excellent progress in their learning and development. The partnership with parents and other agencies is a key strength, significant in ensuring that all children are nurtured and supported, enabling them to develop to their full potential. The manager shares her vision for continual improvement most passionately and effectively.”
Our aims and objectives
- To ensure that all children receive love, security, stability, positive self-image and social stimulation.
- To provide a service with a multi-cultural, anti-racist, anti-sexist and anti-oppressive childcare perspective.
- The nursery staff understand fully the commitment to equal opportunities. They will respect and value children and their families with regard to ethnic origin, culture, religion, gender, disability, marital status and sexuality.
- To provide a good standard of hygiene and a safe environment.
- To provide a varied and nutritious diet catering for individual requirements.
- To offer flexible arrangements and share information on a regular basis with respect to special relationships between the child and parent.
- To give all children a warm, loving, homely environment, staffed by well qualified people who understand the needs of all children and their parents.
- To provide stimulation, fun and promote a happy atmosphere where children can learn social, physical, emotional, cultural and intellectual skills.
- To provide vigorous as well as restful activities.
- To provide plenty of fresh air through outdoor play.
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with the parents of the children in our care.
- To create an excellent environment where young children will be able to deal with life after nursery, and where parents will feel secure in the knowledge that their young children and babies are being well looked after.