Welcome to La Petite Academy - an 'outstanding nursery’ as judged by Ofsted!
We'll show you the stars and teach you how to reach for them'
La Petite Academy is a family run, friendly, unique nursery which has been established since October 1995. It is run by the hands on Managing Director, Helen Poyser who oversees the two managers.
Based in a large one-story building, situated in a quiet residential suburb of Littleover, the nursery is registered to care for 78 children in total, to ensure a high quality of childcare is maintained we restrict our daily numbers to 66, children are aged from 3 months to 5 years, together with a Breakfast and Afterschool club for children up to the age of 11 years.
The nursery is conveniently situated away from the main road, in a small crescent opposite the green, and has parking spaces directly in front of the building. La Petite Academy are renowned for a high quality service and remain very successful due to word of mouth and personal recommendations from parents; we have never advertised since opening.
We pride ourselves on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere where we can give you individual attention and are flexible with your needs and concerns.
"Having been a working mum myself, I understand the need for quality childcare which offers a personal service to parents. My passion for La Petite Academy along with the on-going support from the dedicated staff team has driven the nursery to reach an outstanding level of quality childcare over the last 14 years. Every child has the opportunity to access a fulfilling early years’ experience. We create an experience that not only prepares your child for school, but will develop their confidence, expand their mind, make them respectful of others and make them happy, creative and independent individuals."
“Exceptional leadership and management, along with highly effective team working, result in a positive, inspiring environment, clearly aimed at supporting children to achieve their full potential. They are exceptionally successful in inspiring the staff team to strive for excellence. The morale of the staff is very good and they have high expectations and ambitious plans to ensure continued improvement for the nursery”
“Children flourish because staff recognise the uniqueness of each child and support their learning and development extremely well in relation to their starting points. Inspirational teaching techniques, help children to be active, inquisitive learners”
Our aims and objectives
- To ensure that all children receive love, security, stability, positive self-image and social stimulation.
- To provide a service with a multi-cultural, anti-racist, anti-sexist and anti-oppressive childcare perspective.
- The nursery staff understand fully the commitment to equal opportunities. They will respect and value children and their families with regard to ethnic origin, culture, religion, gender, disability, marital status and sexuality.
- To provide a good standard of hygiene and a safe environment.
- To provide a varied and nutritious diet catering for individual requirements.
- To offer flexible arrangements and share information on a regular basis with respect to special relationships between the child and parent.
- To give all children a warm, loving, homely environment, staffed by well qualified people who understand the needs of all children and their parents.
- To provide stimulation, fun and promote a happy atmosphere where children can learn social, physical, emotional, cultural and intellectual skills.
- To provide vigorous as well as restful activities.
- To provide plenty of fresh air through outdoor play.
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with the parents of the children in our care.
- To create an excellent environment where young children will be able to deal with life after nursery, and where parents will feel secure in the knowledge that their young children and babies are being well looked after.