Government Flexible Free Entitlement
Government Flexible Free Entitlement for 2 Year Olds
Some 2 year olds in England can get free early education and childcare.
You must be getting one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Children are also entitled to a place if:
- They’re looked after by a local council
- They have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education health and care plan
- They get Disability Living Allowance
- They’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
If your child is eligible, you can start claiming after they turn 2. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is.
Contact your local council to check if your child is eligible.
1 January to 31 March
1 April to 31 August
1 September to 31 December
When You Can Claim
the beginning of term on or after 1 April
the beginning of term on or after 1 September
the beginning of term on or after 1 January
Government Flexible Free Entitlement For 3 & 4 Year Olds
All 3 & 4-year-old children are eligible to access 570 hours of funded nursery care per year.
In addition to this some families may be eligible to access an additional 570 hours, totalling 1140 hours of funded childcare per year.
At La Petite Academy we have a variety of ways in which you can access these hours either over a 38- or 52-week period.
To check your family’s eligibility for the 1140 hour please follow the link below.
If you have any queries please contact me on 01332 774 413.
A child born on or between...
1 April and 31 August
1 September and 31 December
1 January and 31 March
...will become eligible for a free place from
1 September, following their third birthday
1 January, following their third birthday
1 April, following their third birthday
Free early education places are available at a range of early years settings, including nursery schools and classes, children’s centres, day nurseries, playgroups, pre-schools and certain registered childminders.
There are a number of parameters within which the free entitlement provision operates. These parameters set the framework within which local authorities should deliver the free entitlement (e.g. the minimum and maximum number of hours per day, the number of days on which the free hours should be taken, the restrictions on start and finish times and the number of providers who can be involved in delivering free hours to a child). The parameters are guidelines for local authorities rather than specific rules for provision of the free hours, so the arrangements of provision may vary from area to area.
Please ring us for details of how you can use your Free Entitlement at La Petite Academy - giving you more flexibility and affordable childcare. We have a varied range of options where you can use your free hours at the nursery.
We Offer The Flexible Free Entitlement - Places Are Available
Click Here For More Information